Where do we start from?
You can enjoy the mesmerizing view of the evening sun while you are at the village. The drive from Sankri will take you through sprawling wild orchids and Himalayan wildlife like barking Deer, Bores and Leopards. Then you will start trekking to Osla another small hamlet which offering some scenic views. You gradual ascend to Har ki dun trek is adorned with wild orchid fields and from an elevation of 6,200m. Feast your eyes at the amazing view of the Swargarohini and Jaundhar glaciers.
Day 1 – Arrive at Dehradun, Drive to Sankri
Reach Dehradun early in the morning and directly head off on a car journey to the tiny hamlet called Sankri, which is the origin point of the Har Ki Dun trek.
During the drive, witness the magical beauty of the surroundings and also enjoy the stunning views of the towering mountains that entices trekkers from across the globe.
A quick lunch on the way will keep you reenergised and at the end of 10 hours drive, you will finally reach the quaint little village of Sankri that is located at a height of 1,950m.
After your arrival in the vicinity, check-in into one of the hotels/resorts and relax for the day; overnight stay will be in Sankri.
Day 2 – Drive from Sankri – Taluka (12km) and Trek from Taluka to Osla
After having breakfast in Sankri, get ready for your first day of Har Ki Doon trek. Before embarking on the trek, ensure that you have enough of bottled drinking water and energy bars to keep you going.
By late afternoon and after your arrival in Taluka,
Trek towards Osla that stands at an altitude of 2560m.
Along the way, traverse through the Siyan Gad by bridge to reach Dhatmir village and cross the Ton River as well. Enjoy amazing views of sprawling wild orchids, and if lucky, encounter the wilderness of the Himalayas like Barking Deer, Bores, Leopards and the likes. Spend the night in the tents provided.check-in into a tent to spend the night under the star clad sky and enjoy the freshness. Evening will be delighted with a lively bonfire, snacks, different folk lores about the locale and a delicious dinner.
Day 3 – Trek from Osla – Har Ki Dun
This day entails cruising 11km towards your next destination of Har Ki Dun Pass throughout which you will experience a gradual terrain and pleasant views of the valleys, plains and towering mountains.
The gradual ascent to Har Ki Dun is adorned with wild orchid fields and from an elevation of 6,200m offers excellent views of the Swargarohini and Juandar glaciers.
On arrival at the Pass, settle down in the campsite with peaks of Har Ki Dun and Swargarohini towering above.
Day 4 – Har Ki Dun trek – Jaundhar Glacier – Har Ki Doon camp
The day starts with a healthy meal and continues on to a trek towards the Juandhar glaciers, which is a 55km stretch of white snow and patches of green grass.
Feast your eyes with the picturesque views of the glaciers and the valley post which you can return back to the Swargarohini campsite. After a long day of trekking for about 15km, retire for the night in the camp.
Day 5 – Trek from Har Ki Dun – Osla
Trekking back to the village of Osla will take up the entire day. Traverse through beautiful sights and landscapes along the way.
The easy downhill trek to Osla takes around 3-4 hrs and covers around a total of 11km. On arriving Osla, spend the night in the rest houses or tents provided. During the trek, it is advisable to take food on time to avoid dehydration and other sort of altitude sickness.
Day 6 – Trek from Osla – Sankri
The 7th day is the last day of the trek covering 26km through steeper terrains and stunning environs with sights of migratory birds disappearing in the snow-peaked mountains. After about 6 to 7 hours, finally arrive back to Sankri; overnight stay in Snkri.
Day 7 – Tour Ends Here
This day is highlighted by a back drive to Dehradun. Following your arrival in Dehradun; at about 7 to 8pm, the adventure of the Har Ki Dun trekking comes to an end.
Cost of the Trek
The cost of the trek (for group of 6-10)
Indian nationals: INR 10300/- only
Foreign nationals: INR 13300/- only
Accommodation: Tented/Guest house
First aid medical kits
Meals while on trek
Equipment (sleeping bag, mattress, and tents)
Experienced trek guide and support staff to help trekkers
Any kind of personal expenses
Insurance and medical emergency
Anything or any expenses occurred apart from the inclusions
Policy and Terms & Conditions
NOTE: You will have to carry personal belongings, mattress, and sleeping bags with yourselves and no separate porter will be provided for the same. If due to unavoidable circumstances the expedition gets postponed and you are not able to cope with the updated schedule, there will be necessary refunds
In the event of cancellation; you need to notify it in writing.
• 15 Days before trek starts: Full refund
• 10 Days before the trek starts: 50% refund
• 5 Days before the trek starts: No refund
Terms & Conditions
• Any expenditure due to unanticipated circumstances shall be shared.
• In some cases, due to bad climate, it is possible that the trek cannot be completed, as the Himalayas are unpredictable. SilverKloud will do their best to make it achievable but your safety is a much bigger concern for us.
• SilverKloud reserves the right to modify or cancel the trek or trek itinerary under unusual and unanticipated circumstances.
• The treks we offer demand a person to be physically fit & mentally strong. Before reserving the trek please tell us if you have any medical condition.
• You are solely accountable for your personal belongings during the trek.
• Behavior that can cause danger, an annoyance to others or interfere with the process may lead to the closure of your involvement from the expedition, with no right to refund. We expect you to be a reliable trekker.
• We provide basic services in the wilderness of Himalayas; please don’t expect any extravagance treatment.
• Trekking in the Himalayas demands a degree of individual risk, dangers, and physical challenges. By participating in a trek with SilverKloud, you accept that you are aware of the individual risks & dangers associated with such travel. You hereby undertake all such risks and release SilverKloud from all claims and causes of action arising from such damages or injuries or demise resulting from these intrinsic risks.
• In the case of falling ill or suffering a mishap during the expedition, all charges incurred as a direct or indirect result of your illness/accident are your liability.